Concrete stairs – your options
Spiral UK can advise you on the best approach to creating your concrete stairs:
- Pre-cast concrete stairs are made in moulds at our factory
- Poured concrete stairs are cast in situ rather than being pre-made, and this method is often used for curved concrete stairs
All our stairs are reinforced concrete stairs, where the concrete material is strengthened using steel
Did you know?
Concrete stairs offer you some great practical benefits:
- Concrete spiral staircases and curved concrete stairs can be used in external locations as well as within your home
- Concrete stairs are very tough and durable
- Concrete spiral staircases and curved concrete stairs will not rot, fade or warp over time
- Concrete stairs require very little maintenance
- They can be used to fill a large space cost-effectively
- Concrete is inherently resistant to fire
- Concrete stairs are quiet as they do not create creaks or echoes
- Concrete staircases can help to improve sound-proofing between the floors in a building
- Concrete can be made to blend with the colour of your walls and floors
Customise your concrete staircase with these lovely finishes from Spiral UK
Many people are surprised at the range of different finishes that Spiral UK can incorporate to create the design effect you are looking for in your concrete spiral staircase or curved concrete stairs.
- Treads can be inset with contrasting materials such as timber or stone
- Our concrete treads can have a fair face (smooth) or exposed aggregate (rough pebble dash) finish on the outside
- Handrails for concrete staircases can be made in polished glass, wood, glass or clad in leather
- Balustrades for concrete stairs can also be made using the above materials. For concrete floating stairs, glass and steel balustrades are a very popular choice as they accentuate the ‘floating’ effect.
One thing to note is that concrete is the heaviest material you can use for a staircase, so you need to consider how the stair will be supported by the main structure of the building.