Trainee Site Fitter - steelwork & metalwork
We currently have an opportunity for a trainee site fitter to work on our large portfolio of bespoke staircase projects, fitting structural steel work and architectural metalwork.
The works will involve assisting qualified/experienced fitters in installing architectural metalwork, staircase installation, balconies, balustrades and handrails in both stainless and mild steels for various commercial and residential clients. You will be required to travel and to work on client sites all over the UK, staying away overnight when needed.
The ideal candidate must be hard working and willing to undertake training courses, paid by Spiral UK, to aid progression.
A steel erecting / fabrication background with experience in installation work is preferred, but not essential.
- Have a good eye for detail and quality
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings
- Experience using hand tools
- Have a valid UK Driving license – a company van is provided to each team.
- Able to travel to various sites throughout UK, accommodation and travel paid
Hours of work: Monday - Friday (occasional weekends may be required, notice will be given, and enhanced overtime rates paid.)
Rate of pay: from £12 per hour DOE
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or complete the form below: